If you spend a lot of time on social media sites, you’re probably aware that a lot of people dedicate a great amount of time and money to beautifying their personal items using stationery. Among these trailblazing stationery items are labels; they’re a big hit among crafts-loving folks around the world. The really cool thing about labels is that they’re not just functional — they’re decorative as well.
Personalised name labels, in particular, are very popular because they are made according to the aesthetic and functional requirements of the user. If you’re thinking of having personalised name labels made to use on your belongings or for your kids’, here are some important things to consider to ensure that they properly indicate ownership at all times.
- Font – If you’re having the name labels made for your children, big typefaces and bold fonts are recommended, especially if they’re still young and cannot quite read yet. Also, a unique font will set the name label apart or make it more recognisable.
- Colour – This is a vital consideration if you want the name label to stand out; you want to make sure that the label is easily visible because it doesn’t blend into the design of the items they’re adhered to.
- Stickiness – This a must in ensuring that sticker labels stay in place. Otherwise, those labels won’t be able to do their job of continuously providing personal belongings with “identity of ownership.” There are labels with adhesives that are water-resistant and can stick to any kind of surface — these are the best to use if the items are washed regularly, are often exposed to water, or if the owner has the tendency to peel labels off most surfaces.
- Design – This is another vital consideration because of its aesthetic value. If you want the labels to enhance the look of your personal belongings, you should definitely give the design a lot of thought. Think of the shape of the label, the pattern, and the other visual components so it can look uniquely your own.
- Durability – Go for sticker vinyl that is water- and stain-resistant. On top of that, this kind of sticker vinyl is thick and difficult to peel off, and it retains colour well. If you want long-lasting personalised name labels, you should certainly enquire about the quality of the vinyl.
With this guide, you can be sure that the labels you order will enhance the appearance of your belongings and can be used for a long time.